Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Lego Lab WeDo2.0

Today my partner Reese and I created a Lego rover named Milo that can be given a function code to move forward. The instructions were fairly easy to follow even though they were pictures only. The great thing about Milo the rover is he has add-on motion sensors than be utilized after the initial build. Although he has two other features that can be added on to so other functions, my partner and I decided we would focus on the initial build because it could be time consuming for kids. I think I will learn how to do the other two add-ons in case we do have time to experiment with it further.


 In doing this activity students will be exploring how they can create a rover using Legos and practice their coding skills by making maneuvers the rover can demonstrate. The Lego rover is built using a picture guide and an app is downloaded to input codes to link to the rover. The function code is used to allow the rover to move at a speed of 8 for two seconds before stopping. The code can be altered to move longer or a different speed. Students are able to use the ISTE standard 5.3.b: Apply effective teaching strategies to support student collaboration around computing, including pair programming, working in varying team roles, equitable workload distribution and project management.

See Milo in action:



Milo Rover

No comments:

Post a Comment